Food & Drink
5-Minute Stracciatella Soup
January 8, 2020
This 5-minute stracciatella soup is my go-to for a quick and easy family lunch on a cold winter day. My version of this comforting Italian classic is made with eggs, zucchini, grated parm and a little pastina (tiny star pasta). Give it a try and tell me what you think.
The following recipe serves 4.
Straciatella, an Italian egg drop soup, is made using very few ingredients…so be sure to splurge a big and use high-quality stock, eggs, and cheese.
- 32 ounces of vegetable or chicken stock
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 large zucchini diced
- 1/4 cup of Pastina (tiny pasta in the shape of stars)
- 1/2 cup of grated parm or pecorino romano
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley (optional)
- Bring the stock to a boil, add the pastina, reduce to a simmer and let the pastina cook for 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and let cook for 2 minutes.
- While the zucchini cook, mix together the grated cheese and the lightly beaten eggs.
- Start swirling the water with a whisk and then slowly add the egg and cheese mixture.
- Allow eggs to cook for 1 minute. Turn off the heat, serve and top with parsley.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.