Food & Drink
November 16, 2017
I recently hosted a 12 person sit down Italian dinner at my house. Menu planning involved me pulling from my childhood memories and my travels to the country that has my heart.
When I was 20 I was lucky enough to study and live in Firenze (Florence, Italy). My mother came to visit/spoil me for a week. I remember, like it was yesterday, having lunch outside at a neighborhood restaurant. My mother ordered beef carpaccio. I was NOT keen on raw beef, but even then I was adventurous. It was amazing. Simple and delicious….the Italian way.
Here is my interpretation of what I remember tasting that day. It’s an incredibly easy app to prepare for your adventurous guest.
- 10 ounces of thinly sliced beef tenderloin. Have your butcher freeze and thinly slice the tenderloin
- Lemon vinaigrette: whisk together 3 part extra virgin olive oil, 1 part fresh lemon juice and a 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt. Mix 1/2 a cup of this vinaigrette.
- 2 cups of arugula
- 6 ounces of aged parmigiano reggiano. A salty Sicilian incanestrato cheese (sheeps milk) also works really well
- 2 Tablespoons of Maldon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of ground pepper
- In a bowl toss the arugula with 1.5 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Set aside
- Lay the beef slices carefully on a platter. The slices should be close together, but only slightly overlapping.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette over the beef slices.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of Maldon Sea Salt over the beef slices
- Top with arugula
- Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of Maldon Sea Salt over entire dish
- Shave about 2 to 3 ounces of parm over entire dish.
- Sprinkle the ground pepper over the entire dish
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.