Food & Drink
Za’atar Roasted Cauliflower with Quinoa Crunch
April 11, 2019
It’s really hard for me to share this dish with my family. I want it all for myself.
The trick to making this dish is getting your cauliflower nice and crispy. No one likes soggy veggies. It took me a few tries, but I finally figured out the formula.
- Break down your cauliflower head into really small pieces. The cauliflower will cook quicker AND there will be plenty of crispy bits for all.
- Don’t crowd your cauliflower. Spread the cauliflower pieces out. They’ll sweat and become soggy if pack them too closely on one baking pan. I used 2 baking sheets for this recipe
- Once the cauliflower are golden brown, broil them for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2 Heads of cauliflower, green stalks removed and broken in to very small pieces
- 2 tsp za’atar
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
For the Quinoa Crunch
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds.
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs melted coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Tahini Yogurt
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 Tbs honey
- Juice from half an orange
- Pinch of salt
For Garnish: Mint Leaves
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix together all of the Quinoa Crunch ingredients and then spread them evenly onto a parchment lined backing sheet. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes. Let cool and then crumble into small pieces
- Increase the oven temp to 450
- Spread cauliflower piece onto TWO baking trays lined with with parchment paper
- Whisk together the za’atar, cumin and salt
- Brush the cauliflower with the grape seed oil then coat cauliflower with the za’atar spice mix.
- Bake in oven for approximately 35 minutes or until the cauliflower turn golden brown then broil for about 3 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together all of the Tahini Yogurt ingredients.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and allow to cool.
- Spread the Tahini Yogurt sauce onto a serving plate
- Layer the roasted cauliflower and crunch right on top of the Tahini Yogurt
- Sprinkle in a few fresh mint leaves for color!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.