Food & Drink
The Ultimate Fall Frittata
October 6, 2018
There is nothing more satisfying than a frittata filled to the brim with all of your favorite things! This hearty frittata has sweet Italian sausage, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, asparagus and goat cheese. It’s a perfect fall meal that you can serve up for breakfast, lunch or dinner. A frittata is also a great way to sneak veggies into your kids diet. My son didn’t think twice about the fact that he was eating asparagus…one of his least favorite veggies.
- 8 organic large eggs
- 1/3 cup of grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 1 cup of shaved asparagus (chopped will also work)
- 1 cup of chopped sweet potato
- 1 cup of chopped butternut squash
- 2 links of sausage. Remove cases and break sausage into small pieces
- 6 oz of crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp of butter
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, grated parm and the light cream. Set aside for later.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a nonstick (preferably Circulon) 11 inch skillet.
- Add the sausage and sauteed until cooked.
- Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside in a large bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter to the same skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Add the sweet potato and cook until tender and slightly brown. Remove sweet potatoes from skillet and set aside in the same bowl the sausage is in.
- Add another tbsp of butter to the same skillet and melt over medium high heat.
- Add the butternut squash and cook until the squash is tender and slightly brown.
- When butternut squash is cooked, do NOT remove. Instead, add back the sausage and the sweet potatoes PLUS the shaved asparagus. Note : Add the asparagus last and try to distribute it evenly.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan, over the vegetables and sausange. Cook at medium high for 2 minutes and then lower to medium low. Cover and allow for the frittata to cook through.
- Once the frittata is full cooked sprinkle the goat cheese evenly on top. Remove the pan from heat and allow it to rest for 2 minutes.
- Gently slide the frittata from the skillet and serve immediately!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.