ADULT ONLY Tequila & Mint Watermelon Wedges Recipe
Is there anything better than a cold slice of watermelon on a hot summer day??? YUP. A cold slice of tequila and mint simple syrup infused watermelon! Give it a try, you won’t regret it.c
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cook Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of rinsed mint leaves
- 1 small seedless watermelon quartered and cut into 1inch slices
- 1 bottle of tequila blanco (you won’t use all of it and it won’t go to waste)
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint
- 1 tbs of sea salt
- In a single layer, arrange watermelon slices at the bottom of two 9-by-13-inch baking dishes. Pour the tequila over the wedges until the wedge is 1/2 way submerged then put them in the refrigerator. Allow the watermelon to soak for at least 1/2 hour, then gently flip each wedge and allow to soak for another 1/2 hr.
- While the watermelon is soaking, combine the water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring water and sugar to a boil and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved and liquid is clear. Congrats you just made simple syrup! Now let’s jazz it up…
- Remove simple syrup from heat, stir the mint leaves into the simple syrup and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes. After the 30 minutes remove the leaves and allow it to come to room temperature. Simple syrup can be stored in your fridge for about a month.
- Just before serving, remove the wedges from the baking dish and arrange on a serving tray. Generously pour the mint simple syrup over the wedges. Sprinkle the salt evenly over the wedges and ENJOY!