The Perfect Breakfast Recipe
I go through periods where I eat the same damn thing for breakfast/lunch everyday for two weeks straight. When that recipe is healthy, easy to make AND beautiful, I know it has to be shared!
- Prep Time 2 Minutes
- Cook Time 40 Minutes
- Total Time 42 Minutes
- Serves 1
1 acorn squash
Favorite hot sauce
Favorite egg garnish (cheese, scallions, salt, pepper…go nuts)!
Instructions for Roasting Acorn Squash (can be done a week in advance):
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cut the top and bottom off the acorn squash. Cut the acorn squash in half and with a spoon remove all of the seeds and as much of the membrane as possible(that hairy looking stuff).
- Cut the Acorn squash into 1 inch rings
- Lightly toss the rings in olive oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place rings on parchment paper and sprinkle with salt and olive oil
- Roast for 35 minutes or until tender
When You Are Ready to Eat:
- Place a large non stick skillet (I prefer Circulon Symmetry) over medium heat. Coat evenly with just a enough olive oil to coat the pan.
- Gently press the acorn squash rings (2 at most) against the pan to create a seal with the olive oil.
- crack one egg into the center of the ring and cover the pan.
- Cook the egg to your preference (at least 3 minutes)
- Gently lift the squash and egg with a spatula.
- Garnish with your favorite egg toppings! I went with hot sauce. I am obsessed with this mayo free Terrapin Ridge Farms Spicy Chipotle Garnish