Whole Roasted Parmigiano Reggiano Cauliflower
Chances are this Memorial Day your grill will be occupied with meat, meat and more meat! So I like to take my veggies inside and give them the love they deserve. Here is a round-up of my favorite veggies sides all of which are SUPER easy to make! Enjoy!
- Prep Time 5 Minutes
- Cook Time 25 + 10 Minutes
- Total Time 45 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 1 large cauliflower head rinsed well
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of parsley
- 1/3 cup of grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Trim the cauliflower head. Remove the leaves, but be sure not to remove to much of the base/stem.
- Place the cauliflower head in a baking dish. Fill the baking dish with 1/2 inch of water. Cover the dish completely with aluminum foil making sure the edges are sealed tight. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until you can easily poke a toothpick through the center of the cauliflower head. You want the cauliflower to be lightly steamed.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, combine the parsley, olive oil, grated cheese and salt in a food process and process until smooth. Remove the paste and set aside.
- When cauliflower is cooked through, remove from the oven.
- Discard the aluminum foil, drain the water from the baking dish and let the cauliflower cool (in the baking dish) for at least 5 minutes
- Increase the oven temp to BROIL
- Brush the cauliflower head with the parsley and parmigian paste and return to oven for at least 10 minutes or until the cauliflower head is a deep golden brown.
- Remove from oven, slice and devour!!