Food & Drink
Ricotta Meatballs with Cacio e Pepe
January 30, 2017
No child can resist the classic comfort of spaghetti and meatballs! I present to you a super easy pasta dish paired with the most amazing meatballs you’ve ever had! Cacio e Pepe with ricotta meatballs is a twist on the classic favorite!
½ lb 85% lean beef
½ lb 85% lean veal
½ lb 77% lamb
¼ cup of light cream
½ cup of ricotta
½ cup of planko bread crumbs
1/3 cup of grated parmigian cheese
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together planko bread crumbs, grated parm, salt, fresh basil and fresh parsley. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together beef, veal, lamb, ricotta, light cream and egg.
- Add the bread crumb mixture to the meat mixture and mix well.
- Clean your hand and roll the meat mixture into balls. Space evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy!!
EASY CACIO & PEPE PASTA RECIPE – Pecorino Romano cheese can have a bit too much bite for my children’s taste, so I’ve altered the cheese ratio of this recipe slightly.
1 cup of finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
½ cup of Pecorino-Romano
½ tbsp of crushed black pepper
¾ lbs of whole wheat spaghetti or tonnarelli
- Boil a large pot of salted water.
- Combine the Parm Reggiano, Pecorino Romano and pepper in a large glass bowl.
- Add at least 2 tbsp of cold water and mash into a thick paste. Add more cold water if necessary. Spread paste evenly and set aside.
- Add your pasta to the boiling water and cook to aldente
- Use tongs to transfer the pasta to the bowl with the cheese paste.
- Stir the pasta quickly in the glass bowl.
- Add a bit of starchy pasta water if the sauce looks to thick.
- Serve and eat immediately!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.