Food & Drink
A Taste of Summer-Tuna and Tomato Napoleon
May 8, 2018
When I came back from San Sebastian, Spain I was obsessed with their canned tuna and Guindillas (Basque pickled peppers). So one hot July afternoon I decided to assemble this beautifully balanced little salad which took me right back to one of my favorite cities in the world. Enjoy this light, yet satisfying salad!
- 1 Large red tomato of your choice (I prefer Beef Steak tomato or an heirloom variety like a Brandywine) cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 Large yellow cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 Can of high quality canned albacore tuna (no salt or oil)
- 1 Can or jar of good quality sardines (you will only need 1 or 2 sardines
- 3 Tbs of high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Quindillas vinegar pepper (can be found at WholeFoods)
- 1 Olive of your choice
- 1 Tbs of chopped parsley for garnish
- 1/2 Tsp of sea salt
- 1 toothpick
LET’S START ASSEMBLING:
- Empty the can of tuna into a small bowl. Drizzle 1/2 tbs of the olive oil and 1/4 tsp of the sea salt. Using a fork gently mix ingredients together. You want to make sure the tuna remains chunky.
- Layer one slice of the yellow tomato onto a plate. Drizzle 1/2 tbs of olive oil on top of the tomato and dash of salt
- Layer the tuna mixture on top of the tomato slice
- Layer the red tomato slice on top of the tuna. Drizzle 1/2 tbs of olive oil top
- Place the anchovy on top of the tomato
- With a toothpick pierce one olive and one pickled pepper anchoring it to your tomato/tuna stack
- Drizzle remaining olive oil over your tomato and tuna stack
- Sprinkle remaining salt
- Garnish with parsley
- Bon Apettito!
Error: Access Token for erekav is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.