Food & Drink
Boozy Limoncello Panettone Bread Pudding! Say What?!!
January 26, 2016
What to do with all that leftover Panettone from Christmas???? Turn it into a delightfully warm and gooey bread pudding. My recipe takes it to another level by adding limoncello and lemon curd!! This is my husband’s all-time favorite dessert.
Ingredients for Bread Pudding :
- 1 loaf of Panettone broken into small pieces (break apart by hand so that it looks more rustic)
- 1 1/2 cups of Milk
- 2 1/2 cups of Heavy Cream
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cups of Sugar
- 1 cup of Limoncello
- 1/4 cup of Lemon Curd
Ingredients for Whipped Cream:
- 3 Tbsp of Sugar
- 1 cup of Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp Limoncello
Let’s Get Baking!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 1.8 quart rectangular baking dish with butter.
- layer the bottom of the pan with the pieces of Panettone.
- In a large bowl whisk together ingredients 2 through 7.
- Pour wet ingredients into the pan.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Bake on middle rack for 35-45 minutes. Pudding should be lightly brown and a toothpick, when inserted, should come out clean.
- Let cool (slightly) then top with gelato or limoncello whipped Cream (see recipe below)
Whipped Cream Directions:
- Place your mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Add 2 Tbsp of sugar and 1 cup of whipping cream to the bowl.
- Whisk until you begin to see stiff peaks. Whisking with an electric mixer will work best.
- Fold 2 Tbsp of limoncello into the whipped cream.