Food & Drink
Boozy Limoncello Bread Pudding! Say What?!!
May 11, 2019
Looking for easy brunch ideas? What about all that leftover Italian Columba from Easter???? Turn it into a delightfully warm and gooey bread pudding. This recipe is perfect for Mother’s Day brunch. My recipe takes it to another level by adding limoncello and lemon curd!!
Bread pudding is a great brunch idea because it can be made 2 days in advance. Using just 7 ingredients, most of which you already have in your kitche, you can create a sweet dessert that will impress your guests. Feel free to swap the Colomba with brioche bread.
Ingredients for Bread Pudding :
- 1 loaf of Colomba broken into small pieces (break apart by hand so that it looks more rustic). If you don’t have Colomba, you can use brioche bread.
- 1 1/2 cups of Milk
- 2 1/2 cups of Heavy Cream
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cups of Sugar
- 1 cup of Limoncello
- 1/4 cup of Lemon Curd
Ingredients for Whipped Cream:
- 3 Tbsp of Sugar
- 1 cup of Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp Limoncello
Let’s Get Baking!
- First, preheat oven to 350 and grease a 1.8 quart rectangular baking dish with butter.
- Layer the bottom of the pan with the pieces of Panettone.
- In a large bowl whisk together ingredients 2 through 7.
- Pour wet ingredients into the pan.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Bake on middle rack for 35-45 minutes. Pudding should be lightly brown and a toothpick, when inserted, should come out clean.
- Let cool (slightly) then top with gelato or limoncello whipped Cream (see recipe below)
Whipped Cream Directions:
- First, place your mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Then add 2 Tbsp of sugar and 1 cup of whipping cream to the bowl.
- Whisk until you begin to see stiff peaks. Whisking with an electric mixer will work best.
- Right before serving fold 2 Tbsp of limoncello into the whipped cream.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.