Food & Drink
Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash with Maple Brown Butter Sauce
April 2, 2015
This is how you get your kids to eat butternut squash! Mine asked for seconds…yup I’m sporting a proud mom grin.
Note: The picture was taken with raisins because that’s what I had, but I would rather have used currants…either work.
- 1 whole raw butternut squash peeled (click here for instructional video) and cut in half
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp of brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp of fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup of currants or 1 mini box of raisins (how ever many that is)
- Preheat oven to 400
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Lightly brush each butternut squash half with olive oil (top and bottom).
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a fork easily pierces through the thickest part of the squash
- Just before serving, over low heat melt butter, remove from heat and whisk in maple syrup and orange juice, add raisins and drizzle over butternut squash.
Done and done!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.