Food & Drink
Cumin Roasted Cauliflower with Chopped Almonds and Dates
April 11, 2019
It’s really hard for me to share this dish with my family. I want it all for myself.
The trick to making this diss is getting your cauliflower slightly crispy. No one likes soggy veggies. It took me a few tries, but I finally figured out the formula!
The secret to perfectly crispy roasted cauliflower revealed!
- Break down your cauliflower head into really small pieces. The cauliflower will cook quicker AND there will be plenty of crispy bits for all.
- Don’t crowd your cauliflower. Spread the cauliflower pieces out. They’ll sweat and become soggy if pack them too closely on one baking pan.
- 2 Heads of cauliflower, green stalks removed and broken in to very small pieces
- 1tbs of cumin
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup of chopped roasted almonds. Can be chopped in a food processor.
- 10 pitted large medjool dates
- 1/2 cup of fresh, washed mint leaves
- 2 tbsp of tahini
- 1/2 cup of regular full fat yogurt
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp of honey
- Preheat oven to 500
- Spread cauliflower piece on to TWO baking trays lined with with parchment paper
- Whisk together the cumin, 1/4 cup of the olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Brush the cauliflower with the cumin mixture.
- Bake in oven for approximately 25 minutes or until the cauliflower turn golden brown.
- In a bowl with a whisk, mix together the tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, honey, 1/4 cup of olive oil and 1/4 tsp of salt. Set aside.
- Mix together the chopped roasted almonds and the chopped dates
- Remove cauliflower from oven and allow to cool.
- Spread the tahini/yogurt sauce onto a serving plate
- Before serving, in a bowl combine the cauliflower, almond/date mixture and the mint leaves.
- Plate the cauliflower mixture over the tahini/yogurt and serve!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.