Food & Drink
Cumin Roasted Cauliflower with Chopped Almonds and Dates
April 11, 2019
It’s really hard for me to share this dish with my family. I want it all for myself.
The trick to making this diss is getting your cauliflower slightly crispy. No one likes soggy veggies. It took me a few tries, but I finally figured out the formula!
The secret to perfectly crispy roasted cauliflower revealed!
- Break down your cauliflower head into really small pieces. The cauliflower will cook quicker AND there will be plenty of crispy bits for all.
- Don’t crowd your cauliflower. Spread the cauliflower pieces out. They’ll sweat and become soggy if pack them too closely on one baking pan.
- 2 Heads of cauliflower, green stalks removed and broken in to very small pieces
- 1tbs of cumin
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup of chopped roasted almonds. Can be chopped in a food processor.
- 10 pitted large medjool dates
- 1/2 cup of fresh, washed mint leaves
- 2 tbsp of tahini
- 1/2 cup of regular full fat yogurt
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp of honey
- Preheat oven to 500
- Spread cauliflower piece on to TWO baking trays lined with with parchment paper
- Whisk together the cumin, 1/4 cup of the olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Brush the cauliflower with the cumin mixture.
- Bake in oven for approximately 25 minutes or until the cauliflower turn golden brown.
- In a bowl with a whisk, mix together the tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, honey, 1/4 cup of olive oil and 1/4 tsp of salt. Set aside.
- Mix together the chopped roasted almonds and the chopped dates
- Remove cauliflower from oven and allow to cool.
- Spread the tahini/yogurt sauce onto a serving plate
- Before serving, in a bowl combine the cauliflower, almond/date mixture and the mint leaves.
- Plate the cauliflower mixture over the tahini/yogurt and serve!