Food & Drink
The Perfect Breakfast
January 9, 2018
I go through periods where I eat the same damn thing for breakfast/lunch everyday for two weeks straight. When that recipe is healthy, easy to make AND beautiful, I know it has to be shared!
1 acorn squash
Favorite hot sauce
Favorite egg garnish (cheese, scallions, salt, pepper…go nuts)!
Instructions for Roasting Acorn Squash (can be done a week in advance):
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cut the top and bottom off the acorn squash. Cut the acorn squash in half and with a spoon remove all of the seeds and as much of the membrane as possible(that hairy looking stuff).
- Cut the Acorn squash into 1 inch rings
- Lightly toss the rings in olive oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place rings on parchment paper and sprinkle with salt and olive oil
- Roast for 35 minutes or until tender
When You Are Ready to Eat:
- Place a large non stick skillet (I prefer Circulon Symmetry) over medium heat. Coat evenly with just a enough olive oil to coat the pan.
- Gently press the acorn squash rings (2 at most) against the pan to create a seal with the olive oil.
- crack one egg into the center of the ring and cover the pan.
- Cook the egg to your preference (at least 3 minutes)
- Gently lift the squash and egg with a spatula.
- Garnish with your favorite egg toppings! I went with hot sauce. I am obsessed with this mayo free Terrapin Ridge Farms Spicy Chipotle Garnish
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.