Food & Drink
The Ultimate Frittata
October 6, 2018
There is nothing more satisfying than a frittata filled to the brim with all of your favorite things! This hearty frittata has sweet Italian sausage, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, asparagus and goat cheese. It’s a perfect fall meal that you can serve up for breakfast, lunch or dinner. A frittata is also a great way to sneak veggies into your kids diet. My son didn’t think twice about the fact that he was eating asparagus…one of his least favorite veggies.
- 8 organic large eggs
- 1/3 cup of grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 1 cup of shaved asparagus (chopped will also work)
- 1 cup of chopped sweet potato
- 1 cup of chopped butternut squash
- 2 links of sausage. Remove cases and break sausage into small pieces
- 6 oz of crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp of butter
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, grated parm and the light cream. Set aside for later.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a nonstick (preferably Circulon) 11 inch skillet.
- Add the sausage and sauteed until cooked.
- Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside in a large bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter to the same skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Add the sweet potato and cook until tender and slightly brown. Remove sweet potatoes from skillet and set aside in the same bowl the sausage is in.
- Add another tbsp of butter to the same skillet and melt over medium high heat.
- Add the butternut squash and cook until the squash is tender and slightly brown.
- When butternut squash is cooked, do NOT remove. Instead, add back the sausage and the sweet potatoes PLUS the shaved asparagus. Note : Add the asparagus last and try to distribute it evenly.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan, over the vegetables and sausange. Cook at medium high for 2 minutes and then lower to medium low. Cover and allow for the frittata to cook through.
- Once the frittata is full cooked sprinkle the goat cheese evenly on top. Remove the pan from heat and allow it to rest for 2 minutes.
- Gently slide the frittata from the skillet and serve immediately!