Food & Drink
5-Minute Stracciatella Soup
January 8, 2020
This 5-minute stracciatella soup is my go-to for a quick and easy family lunch on a cold winter day. My version of this comforting Italian classic is made with eggs, zucchini, grated parm and a little pastina (tiny star pasta). Give it a try and tell me what you think.
The following recipe serves 4.
Straciatella, an Italian egg drop soup, is made using very few ingredients…so be sure to splurge a big and use high-quality stock, eggs, and cheese.
- 32 ounces of vegetable or chicken stock
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 large zucchini diced
- 1/4 cup of Pastina (tiny pasta in the shape of stars)
- 1/2 cup of grated parm or pecorino romano
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley (optional)
- Bring the stock to a boil, add the pastina, reduce to a simmer and let the pastina cook for 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and let cook for 2 minutes.
- While the zucchini cook, mix together the grated cheese and the lightly beaten eggs.
- Start swirling the water with a whisk and then slowly add the egg and cheese mixture.
- Allow eggs to cook for 1 minute. Turn off the heat, serve and top with parsley.
Mom, Wife, TV Host, Food Blogger
Sometimes sweet, sometimes savory
Follow for recipes & lifestyle tips #beYOUtiful
Tiktok @erekasfood 502K followers