Food & Drink
Za’atar Roasted Cauliflower with Quinoa Crunch
April 11, 2019
It’s really hard for me to share this dish with my family. I want it all for myself.
The trick to making this dish is getting your cauliflower nice and crispy. No one likes soggy veggies. It took me a few tries, but I finally figured out the formula.
- Break down your cauliflower head into really small pieces. The cauliflower will cook quicker AND there will be plenty of crispy bits for all.
- Don’t crowd your cauliflower. Spread the cauliflower pieces out. They’ll sweat and become soggy if pack them too closely on one baking pan. I used 2 baking sheets for this recipe
- Once the cauliflower are golden brown, broil them for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2 Heads of cauliflower, green stalks removed and broken in to very small pieces
- 2 tsp za’atar
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
For the Quinoa Crunch
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds.
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs melted coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Tahini Yogurt
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 Tbs honey
- Juice from half an orange
- Pinch of salt
For Garnish: Mint Leaves
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix together all of the Quinoa Crunch ingredients and then spread them evenly onto a parchment lined backing sheet. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes. Let cool and then crumble into small pieces
- Increase the oven temp to 450
- Spread cauliflower piece onto TWO baking trays lined with with parchment paper
- Whisk together the za’atar, cumin and salt
- Brush the cauliflower with the grape seed oil then coat cauliflower with the za’atar spice mix.
- Bake in oven for approximately 35 minutes or until the cauliflower turn golden brown then broil for about 3 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together all of the Tahini Yogurt ingredients.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and allow to cool.
- Spread the Tahini Yogurt sauce onto a serving plate
- Layer the roasted cauliflower and crunch right on top of the Tahini Yogurt
- Sprinkle in a few fresh mint leaves for color!
Mom, Wife, TV Host, Food Blogger
Sometimes sweet, sometimes savory
Follow for recipes & lifestyle tips #beYOUtiful
Tiktok @erekasfood 523K followers