Food & Drink
Mexican Chopped Salad
January 15, 2022
This colorful Mexican Chopped Salad (recipe below) is one of my favorite salads to meal prep. Over the last few weeks, I’ve shared several of my favorite meal prep grain bowls and salads. Meal prepping helps me create balanced meals for me and my family. It also gives me a better sense of how much sodium and sugar we eat.
Meal prepping does take a bit of planning and a little work upfront, but it’s worth it, especially if you have the right tools. If I’m going to do the work it has to last! This is why I use Zwilling Fresh & Save containers. I use the Fresh & Save vacuum pump to vacuum seal each container which keeps food fresh up to 5X longer. In my opinion, this is what makes them the best containers for meal prepping. With Fresh & Save containers you can prepare meals days in advance and enjoy them as fresh as the day they were prepared. Click here to pick up a starter set.
All of my homemade dressings are made with my Zwilling Enfinigy Personal Blender. I use the Fresh & Save lid to vacuum seal them so they stay fresh longer.
Mexican Chopped Salad Recipe
- 3 cucumbers diced
- 5 plum tomatoes diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 jicama diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 6 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- 6 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 4 ounces queso fresco
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 small shallot
- 1 tbsp sauce from a can of Chipotle in Adobo
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1.5 limes juiced
- 4- 4 ounce Salmon Filets
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder (preferably ancho chili powder)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix together the salmon spices. Rub the mixture all over the salmon filets.
- Place the salmon filets onto the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 17 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to your preference.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil to a cast-iron pan. Add the corn and heat on medium-high until the corn begins to pop and char slightly then remove and set aside.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients except for the romaine lettuce and the queso fresco. Set salad mixture aside.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to the Zwilling Enfinigy Personal Blender. Blend until smooth.
- Grab four Fresh & Save containers. Add one salmon filet to the bottom of each container. Use a fork to break apart the salmon.
- Top each filet with a few tablespoons of the dressing.
- Divide the chopped salad amongst the 4 containers.
- Divide the romaine lettuce amongst the 4 containers.
- Top each with approximately one ounce of queso fresco.
- Seal each container and store it in the fridge.
Enjoy and share pics @erekav on Instagram!