Food & Drink
One-Pan Shrimp Dinner with Fregula
March 11, 2021
This one-pan shrimp dish is full of flavor and absolutely gorgeous! It’s easy enough to be a weeknight meal, but also pretty enough to serve when you have company.
I chose to leave the shells on my deveined shrimp. Why? The shells add so much flavor to the dish and also prevent the shrimp from overcooking. It’s also a lot less work! If the idea of leaving the shells on irks you, feel free to remove the shell, but definitely keep the tails on.
The pasta of choice for this dish is fregula. Fregula is a Sardinian pasta made from semolina dough. It is toasted so it has a nutty flavor that I just love. If you can’t find fregula you can substitute it with Israeli couscous or orzo.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large shallots diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 red bell peppers diced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 3 cups of veg or seafood broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups of Fregula (Sub with Israeli couscous or Orzo)
- 24 deveined shrimp with the shells left on
- Add the olive oil to a large pan then add the shallots and garlic and saute over medium-high heat.
- After a minute add the smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Give it a quick stir then add the red bell peppers and celery.
- Let the veggies cook for 2 more minutes, then add the broth and water. Raise the heat to bring the liquid to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling add the fregula.
- After the fregula has cooked for about 5 minutes add your shrimp. Once the shrimp are pink on both sides, remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve right from the pan!
Mom, Wife, TV Host, Food Blogger
Sometimes sweet, sometimes savory
Follow for recipes & lifestyle tips #beYOUtiful
Tiktok @erekasfood 523K followers