Food & Drink
Ricotta Meatballs with Cacio e Pepe
January 30, 2017
No child can resist the classic comfort of spaghetti and meatballs! I present to you a super easy pasta dish paired with the most amazing meatballs you’ve ever had! Cacio e Pepe with ricotta meatballs is a twist on the classic favorite!
½ lb 85% lean beef
½ lb 85% lean veal
½ lb 77% lamb
¼ cup of light cream
½ cup of ricotta
½ cup of planko bread crumbs
1/3 cup of grated parmigian cheese
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together planko bread crumbs, grated parm, salt, fresh basil and fresh parsley. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together beef, veal, lamb, ricotta, light cream and egg.
- Add the bread crumb mixture to the meat mixture and mix well.
- Clean your hand and roll the meat mixture into balls. Space evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy!!
EASY CACIO & PEPE PASTA RECIPE – Pecorino Romano cheese can have a bit too much bite for my children’s taste, so I’ve altered the cheese ratio of this recipe slightly.
1 cup of finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
½ cup of Pecorino-Romano
½ tbsp of crushed black pepper
¾ lbs of whole wheat spaghetti or tonnarelli
- Boil a large pot of salted water.
- Combine the Parm Reggiano, Pecorino Romano and pepper in a large glass bowl.
- Add at least 2 tbsp of cold water and mash into a thick paste. Add more cold water if necessary. Spread paste evenly and set aside.
- Add your pasta to the boiling water and cook to aldente
- Use tongs to transfer the pasta to the bowl with the cheese paste.
- Stir the pasta quickly in the glass bowl.
- Add a bit of starchy pasta water if the sauce looks to thick.
- Serve and eat immediately!
Mom, Wife, TV Host, Food Blogger-Sometimes sweet, sometimes savory
Follow for recipes & lifestyle tips #beYoutiful
Tiktok @erekasfood 392K followers