Food & Drink
Boozy Limoncello Bread Pudding! Say What?!!
May 11, 2019
Looking for easy brunch ideas? What about all that leftover Italian Columba from Easter???? Turn it into a delightfully warm and gooey bread pudding. This recipe is perfect for Mother’s Day brunch. My recipe takes it to another level by adding limoncello and lemon curd!!
Bread pudding is a great brunch idea because it can be made 2 days in advance. Using just 7 ingredients, most of which you already have in your kitche, you can create a sweet dessert that will impress your guests. Feel free to swap the Colomba with brioche bread.
Ingredients for Bread Pudding :
- 1 loaf of Colomba broken into small pieces (break apart by hand so that it looks more rustic). If you don’t have Colomba, you can use brioche bread.
- 1 1/2 cups of Milk
- 2 1/2 cups of Heavy Cream
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cups of Sugar
- 1 cup of Limoncello
- 1/4 cup of Lemon Curd
Ingredients for Whipped Cream:
- 3 Tbsp of Sugar
- 1 cup of Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp Limoncello
Let’s Get Baking!
- First, preheat oven to 350 and grease a 1.8 quart rectangular baking dish with butter.
- Layer the bottom of the pan with the pieces of Panettone.
- In a large bowl whisk together ingredients 2 through 7.
- Pour wet ingredients into the pan.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Bake on middle rack for 35-45 minutes. Pudding should be lightly brown and a toothpick, when inserted, should come out clean.
- Let cool (slightly) then top with gelato or limoncello whipped Cream (see recipe below)
Whipped Cream Directions:
- First, place your mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Then add 2 Tbsp of sugar and 1 cup of whipping cream to the bowl.
- Whisk until you begin to see stiff peaks. Whisking with an electric mixer will work best.
- Right before serving fold 2 Tbsp of limoncello into the whipped cream.
Mom, Wife, TV Host, Food Blogger
Sometimes sweet, sometimes savory
Follow for recipes & lifestyle tips #beYOUtiful
Tiktok @erekasfood 462K followers