One-Pan Pesto Chicken & Orzo
April 5, 2021
This one-pan chicken dinner had over 1.5 million views on my Instagram account (@erekav)! It’s a simple meal that my kids just love!
- 7 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/4 Tsp pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter divided. 2 Tbsp to cook the chicken and 2 Tbsp to add when cooking the orzo
- 1.5 lemons. Slice 1 lemon and use to top the chicken before going into the oven. Use the additional 1/2 lemon to squeeze into the orzo
- 2 shallots sliced
- 3 Tbsp pesto
- 1/2 tsp salt to be added when cooking the orzo
- 1.5 cups of dry orzo
- 2.5 cups of chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Start by patting down your chicken thighs and seasoning them with salt and pepper. If you have the time let your thighs hang out in the fridge for about an hour.
- Grab an ovenproof pan or skillet. Melt 2 Tbsp of butter over medium-high heat. Add your thighs to the pan skin side down. Once the skin is golden brown, flip the thighs, top them with lemon slices, and put the entire ovenproof pan into the oven. Cook the thighs for about 12-15 minutes or until they have an internal temp of 165F.
- When the chicken is done cooking, remove the thighs but DON’T CLEAN THE PAN! Instead, return the pan to your stove, add 2 Tbsp of butter and shallots and saute over medium-high heat, then add your pesto, lemon juice from 1/2 lemon, salt, and chicken broth.
- Bring the broth to a boil and cook the orzo until it is al dente.
- Once the orzo is cooked, return the chicken thighs and serve. DINNER IS DONE!
Mom, Wife, TV Host, Food Blogger
Sometimes sweet, sometimes savory
Follow for recipes & lifestyle tips #beYOUtiful
Tiktok @erekasfood 486k followers