Food & Drink
Pistachio Pesto Gnocchi with Peas, Edamame & Avocado
April 21, 2016
My 5 year-old son approached me after dinner the other night and in the softest, sweetest voice EVER said, “Mom, you know what we haven’t had in lowng (long) time? We haven’t had gnocchi (pronounced perfectly).” This only affirmed that my real title in the home is not “mom”, but rather “personal chef”….a title I should loathe, but instead I’m actually quite proud of.
My response to this sweet boy’s request was a delicious bowl of pistachio pesto gnocchi with peas, edamame and avocado….that’s how ya add a little color to gnocchi! I hope you enjoy it as much as he did. Spring has sprung!
Pistachio Pesto Ingredients:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 3 cups loosely packed basil
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 orange zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 Avocado (DO NOT ADD AVOCADO IF YOU PLAN ON STORING THE SAUCE FOR LATER )
- 1/2 cup of thawed organic frozen peas
- 1/2 cup of thawed organic frozen edamame
Just like you, I’m a home cook learning the deets of healthy family cooking one day at a time so I borrowed the following gnocchi recipe from Geoffrey Zakarian of Food Network. It is SUPER simple. These fluffy and light gnocchi take about 5 minutes to make.
Ricotta Gnocchi Recipe: Click Here For Gnocchi Recipe
Put It All Together!
- In a food processor combine ingredients 1 through 9.
- Pour into a bowl and add the peas and edamame
- While the gnocchi are still warm add about 2 to 3 heaping table spoons of the pesto sauce, garnish with grated cheese and serve immediately.
Mom, Wife, TV Host, Food Blogger-Sometimes sweet, sometimes savory
Follow for recipes & lifestyle tips #beYoutiful
Tiktok @erekasfood 392K followers