Food & Drink
Roasted Corn Salad!
January 14, 2016
Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love my fruits and veggies. I’m always going out of my way to make my barbecue sides more than just an after thought.
Here are two dishes that I make regularly. They are quick, easy and huge crowd pleasers for the young and old.
Spicy Roasted Corn with Cotijo Cheese:
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s Frozen Roasted Corn
- 2 green jalapeno, deseeded and diced
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 shallots minced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 cup Grated Cotijo Cheese
- In a large skillet melt the butter
- Add the shallots, red onion, jalapeno pepper and red pepper. Cook until they begin to get tender
- Add the roasted corn and salt. Cover and let cook for 10 minutes or until the corn is warm.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with Cotijo cheese and garnish with cilantro
Mom, Wife, TV Host, Food Blogger
Sometimes sweet, sometimes savory
Follow for recipes & lifestyle tips #beYOUtiful
Tiktok @erekasfood 502K followers